The most frequently asked questions are answered here, so make sure to give it a good read before you contact support and interrupt them from their eternal coffee break…
Answer: Yes it is. You can use the software to download music and video from other peers. The Premium content (identified by Golden Stars in search results) requires that you subscribe to iMesh Premium.
Answer: iMesh has many great new features:
- Faster Downloads
- Millions of Songs to Download and Listen to
- Ability to buy songs
- State of the art search tools
- Cool features like playlists, moods, artist biographies, and discographies
iMesh also features a vibrant community including user profiles, instant messaging, friends lists, and many more features making this the friendliest, most collaborative iMesh yet
- Operating System: Windows XP Home or Professional. iMesh is NOT supported on Windows 95, NT, 98, Me or Macintosh.
- CPU: 233 MHz minimum required (single or dual processor system); Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended.
- Memory: 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended.
- Hard Drive: Approximately 13 MB for iMesh. Around 18 MB for Windows Media Player if it is not already installed.
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above. You can get IE 6.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp.
- Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher. Windows Media Player 10 Series is highly recommended. You can get Windows Media Player from Microsoft. – URL.
- Internet Connection: Active Internet connection.
Answer: Yes, in order to use iMesh you must register an iMesh account. It’s quick, simple and most importantly – it’s totally FREE.
Answer: You will need to register a new account in iMesh once you install it.
Answer: Please go to our password retrieval system, located at: http://wa.imesh.com/support/password/
Answer: The iMesh service is 100% legal.
Answer: iMesh doesn’t include any spyware or adware of any kind.
- Windows media files: asf, asx, avi
- Windows media Audio files: wmv, wax, wm, wma, wmd, wmx, wmz, wvx
- Movie files: mpeg, mpg, mpa, mpe, m1v, mp2, mp2v
- MP3 audio files: mp3
Answer: In our Discover section you can browse millions of songs by different genres, artists, moods and more.
Inside each artist page you can view the artists’ details and download their discography.
Each artist page also lists fans from the iMesh Community of that specific artist/band, allowing you to instantly connect with everyone that shares your music tastes.
Answer: With the new iMesh you get:
- Fast Downloads
- A Powerful search engine
- Robust Discovery area with moods, iMesh Picks, artist discographies and much more
- Ability to access over 15 million tracks
- iMesh contains both copyrighted and free tracks. Copyrighted tracks are shown with a gold file designation and are accessible on an unlimited basis with our subscription service or available for individual download for $.99 each. As long as you are an active subscription member you will have unlimited access to all 15 million tracks.
In iMesh all the music that we distribute is 100% legal.
iMesh has over 15 million tracks that you can access through our service.
Answer: Yes you can. All the tracks labeled with a green CD icon can be burned free of charge!
You can purchase Premium Tracks, the ones labeled with a yellow CD icon, in order to burn them to a CD. You can right-click on any Premium Track(s) in the Search, and either click Download, or Buy Song(s).
Answer: iMesh is focused on music and short videos. As such, only music and video files under 15 minutes are supported.
Answer: Download the latest version of iMesh from the iMesh website.
Once you have the latest version installed, you will immediately see a Friends list appear on the left. In the list, you’ll start without any friends – which is ok, because you have to start somewhere.
Click the ‘+ADD A FRIEND‘ button located on the bottom-left hand corner of iMesh. You’ll be taken to the Find and Add Friends page, where finding a contact is a snap.
You’ll be chatting with someone in your area of interests in no time!
Answer: No, Apple’s iPod cannot play music encoded in WMA (Microsoft’s Windows Media Audio format) which is the format used by iMesh.
For more help on this topic, Click here.
Answer: Yes you can. You can purchase Premium Tracks in order to transfer them to a PlaysForSure Compatible MP3 player at your leisure.
You can right-click on any Premium Track(s) in the Search, and either click Download, or Buy Song(s). For a list of compatible devices, please visit: http://www.playsforsure.com/FindPortableDevices.aspx
Answer: Click on the ‘New playlist’ button located on the lower-left area of iMesh, and specify a name for the playlist. Then, drag the desired songs from the library onto the playlist you’ve just created.
Answer: You can choose the location of your downloaded files by going to
“Tools->Preferences->Library & Downloads” on the iMesh menu. The default download location is “My Documents \My Music\iMesh”.
Note: If you change the folder after you’ve downloaded files, please note that iMesh won’t copy your previously downloaded files to the new folder.
Answer: iMesh is both a music subscription service and a file sharing program. Many of our files are coming from other iMesh users. They are files that other users decided to share with you.
Because of this, there is no guarantee that the file you found will always be available. The user that has the file might go offline, or shut down iMesh, or delete the file from his or her computer completely. Although the iMesh application tries to complete the file from other sources, it is possible that the file cannot be found and retrieved.
Here are some tips that might help you download the file you are looking for:
- Pause and resume downloading file
- Search for the file again, choose files with higher availability and download again.
- Increase the number of concurrent downloads.
You can do it by choosing the Tools Menu in the iMesh program and then choosing Preferences -> General.
Q: What is the difference between the green and yellow tracks?
Answer: Actually, there are three types of tracks in iMesh – See below
1) Peer-2-Peer Unlicensed Media | Green CD icon
Free Peer-2-Peer downloads from other iMesh users. Downloading these does not require a monthly subscription. You can burn this content or transfer it to an MP3 player freely.
2) Premium Tracks | Gold CD icon
Download as many as you wish, as long as you have an active monthly subscription (or trial).
This is all the music that is included in your iMesh Premium subscription, and high-speed downloads are guaranteed!
3) Purchased Tracks | Boxed Gold CD icon
You can purchase Premium Tracks in order to burn them to a CD, or transfer them to an MP3 player*.
To download (free) click HERE